Carista
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome to Carista. We are an original fantasy roleplay forum set in the world of Carista -- a place where the eight different systems of control are divided across countries and oceans and blood. The systems of control are Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Ice, Plant, Health and Time -- all given to humanity in ages past.

Now, during a golden age throughout the kingdoms, rumors have come of the Loners discovering an ancient building deep underground that contains a legendary Relic that may hold the key to ultimate power or destruction. And so the race of kingdoms begin with the prize being a Relic of untold power...

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Affiliate With Us

Our Affiliates

RPG-D RPGD Topsites Distant Fantasies

The plots and creative work of the site are thanks to Delilah and Vulcan. The graphics and skin are custom made by Delilah for Carista.

The Panels were inspired by the staff system on Bloodrites.net

All written role play content belongs to the designated writer.

Carista is PG-13 with all M+ threads in forums only seen by 18+ year old members.

If you made up an element...

Go down 
+3
Tess
milksteak
Delilah
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Delilah
Carista Panel
Delilah

Total Experience Points : 203

If you made up an element... Empty
PostSubject: If you made up an element...   If you made up an element... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 2:10 am

If you made up an element, what would it be?

>_> I love lightning...so much.
Back to top Go down
https://carista.rpg-board.net
milksteak
Review Panel
milksteak

Total Experience Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: If you made up an element...   If you made up an element... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 2:26 am

OKAY, SO UM, METALS?

Magneto style, only...cooler.

EDIT: + Gemstones
Back to top Go down
Tess
Welcome Panel
Tess

Total Experience Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: If you made up an element...   If you made up an element... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 2:50 pm

Delilah wrote:

Me. Too. And I actually suggested it be an element at one point.
I guess uh, mist?
hey YEAH actually that'd be cool
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Welcome Panel
Jayne

Total Experience Points : 9

PostSubject: Re: If you made up an element...   If you made up an element... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Delilah wrote:

I was wondering where Lightning was. I would assume Wind would encompass that, but in a more indirect way like moving in a storm or something.

Quote :
OKAY, SO UM, METALS?

Magneto style, only...cooler.

Now see, this one you might be able to pass off as Earth. I mean, wouldn't minerals be considered part of the Earth? Simply because a mineral is refined--say, a sword or an arrowhead--an Earth user still would have control of it, right? Or perhaps Magnetism could be its own element.

And what about Light? I know Fire could encompass part of that, but something like being able to reflect/refract light to create a veil or illusions. Or how about some sort of Storm element where the user would control the storm, but not necessarily the water and lightning that came from said storm.

Just a few suggestions :-)
Back to top Go down
milksteak
Review Panel
milksteak

PostSubject: Re: If you made up an element...   If you made up an element... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 2:08 pm

That's what I said, but Delilah told me to post it and make a fool of myself anyway! I was just thinking last night about light and dark/shadow and how cool that shit would be.
Back to top Go down
Delilah
Carista Panel
Delilah

PostSubject: Re: If you made up an element...   If you made up an element... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 2:14 pm

You did not make a fool of yourself! I didn't think of it...okay

SHUT UP! All your ideas are super cool and going in my head for future use >_>
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Welcome Panel
Jayne

PostSubject: Re: If you made up an element...   If you made up an element... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 2:47 pm

Just so long as you admit that they were super cool, I don't mind where you put them ;-)

EDIT: Hmm...the wink made the tone of that sentence sound really dirty...lol.
Back to top Go down
Delilah
Carista Panel
Delilah

PostSubject: Re: If you made up an element...   If you made up an element... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 3:07 pm

bow chica bow wow!

That's me saying that I agree.
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Welcome Panel
Jayne

PostSubject: Re: If you made up an element...   If you made up an element... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 3:14 pm

One of my friends always says "Brown Chicken Brown Cow!" lol
Back to top Go down
Delilah
Carista Panel
Delilah

PostSubject: Re: If you made up an element...   If you made up an element... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 3:15 pm

Bahaha XD
Back to top Go down
Dray

Dray

Total Experience Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: If you made up an element...   If you made up an element... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 8:47 pm

Ooh, a made-up element. I like the ideas of playing with chaos, balance and order, so I think that Entropy might be quite interesting. It is like fire, in that it is the release of heat into the universe, but it isn't the same thing as fire because its ultimate goal is to reach a perfect balance of energy loss to heat -- a sort of null state where nothing changes. Entropy could really be a powerful element when measured up against existing ones: it stills earth and water, supports the rigidity of ice, neutralizes the growth of fire and and turbulence of wind, saps health and ultimately opposes time, which measures changes. Entropy is a changeless state... however, at the outset it could be extremely different: the shift from all other forms of energy to a neutral blanket of heat means that, like fire, it can be quite destructive, and like the process of life and evolution, it can be quite complex and take unexpected turns or iterations before coming to a resting state.

A controller of entropy might be the kind of person who gives her surroundings just a little nudge to reach the next stage in all energy's journey to rest -- like the hefty snow at the edge of a cliff turning to an avalanche, or like the potentiality of a blossom to turn into a seed where spores might not quite have made it beforehand. A controller of entropy might instead suck the life from a room, dispersing it as ambient heat, bringing a rigid sense of order to a once vivacious area. He might only be able to utilize his control over long periods of time, things falling to rags around him, or perhaps only in very particular instances. She might be a balancer of all things: bringing elements and life to its cusp where water turns to steam or ice, fatal wounds or illnesses are pushed off but not healed, or the threat of a storm looms over her wherever she goes.

Actually, you could probably break those down into several different categories, but I think the whole idea could be fun to mess with.
Back to top Go down
milksteak
Review Panel
milksteak

PostSubject: Re: If you made up an element...   If you made up an element... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:10 am

AH DUDE. I've had an idea in my head for a character with entropy powers for a million years now. It is such a good thing.

Maybe it could be a Time thing?
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Welcome Panel
Jayne

PostSubject: Re: If you made up an element...   If you made up an element... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 11:42 am

Controlled chaos? I like >.> BTW your description of the element is crazy good...lol.
Back to top Go down
Dray

Dray

PostSubject: Re: If you made up an element...   If you made up an element... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 11:50 am

If Time could have babies, entropy would be it. XD Maybe if I'm lucky enough to come up with a time character some day I will snitch that kind of strength for them.
Back to top Go down
Kaycolton

Kaycolton

Total Experience Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: If you made up an element...   If you made up an element... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:17 am

Oh uh Spirit/Soul! Like you can summon minions or control ghosts and stuff.
It can be seen as a good or a bad thing I guess, you can sort of guide spirits to the "other side" or you can trap them on earth to do your biddings +_+

is that too played out?
Back to top Go down
milksteak
Review Panel
milksteak

PostSubject: Re: If you made up an element...   If you made up an element... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:19 am

NO. Summoning ghosts is ALWAYS COOL. Kayla, that is a badass idea. <3
Back to top Go down
Dray

Dray

PostSubject: Re: If you made up an element...   If you made up an element... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 2:10 pm

Possibly, yes. It'd be neat to have that as a very specialized subsidiary of Life, though.
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Welcome Panel
Jayne

PostSubject: Re: If you made up an element...   If you made up an element... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 3:56 pm

What about attraction/repulsion? Like using the world's natural gravitational pull to make things heavier or lighter? Or even creating an artificial attraction/repulsion outside of the world's natural one? This would obviously be an earth ability, but I wonder if it would even be feasible. I hate to call it gravitational manipulation because that sounds too futuristic, like some Marvel power.
Back to top Go down
Wicked

Wicked

Total Experience Points : 3

Character Sheet
OOC:
Classification:
Experience:
If you made up an element... Left_bar_bleue0/0If you made up an element... Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: If you made up an element...   If you made up an element... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 7:09 pm

I know someone already said this, but light would be cool. Especially because of its applications (bending light to appear invisible, and other such illusions, burning out people's retinas, etc...).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you made up an element...   If you made up an element... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you made up an element...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Carista :: Home :: Commons-
Jump to: