Carista
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome to Carista. We are an original fantasy roleplay forum set in the world of Carista -- a place where the eight different systems of control are divided across countries and oceans and blood. The systems of control are Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Ice, Plant, Health and Time -- all given to humanity in ages past.

Now, during a golden age throughout the kingdoms, rumors have come of the Loners discovering an ancient building deep underground that contains a legendary Relic that may hold the key to ultimate power or destruction. And so the race of kingdoms begin with the prize being a Relic of untold power...

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Affiliate With Us

Our Affiliates

RPG-D RPGD Topsites Distant Fantasies

The plots and creative work of the site are thanks to Delilah and Vulcan. The graphics and skin are custom made by Delilah for Carista.

The Panels were inspired by the staff system on Bloodrites.net

All written role play content belongs to the designated writer.

Carista is PG-13 with all M+ threads in forums only seen by 18+ year old members.

January CotM/TotM -- Nominations

Go down 
+3
Wicked
Saeyer
Delilah
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Delilah
Carista Panel
Delilah

Total Experience Points : 203

January CotM/TotM -- Nominations Empty
PostSubject: January CotM/TotM -- Nominations   January CotM/TotM -- Nominations I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 10:44 pm

Character and Thread of the Month -- January

Welcome to the first Character and Thread of the Month nominations!

Voting for these will have two steps. The first step is nominations, which is this thread here. Using the form below, you may nominate any character that you feel deserves to be character of the month and any thread that deserves the same. That character must have posted at least twice in the month and the thread must have at least half of its posts in that month. [[The exception for the first one is that any character with posts in January or before or thread with posts in January or before may be nominated as this is the first one.]] There is no need to nominate the same character or thread twice. After nominations, we will have a poll to vote for the official Character and Thread of the Month! The winner of CotM will receive 10 experience points and the writers of the winning TotM will each receive 6 experience points!

You may only nominate one character and one thread. You may not nominate your own character or your own threads.

Nominations will close February 14th at 10pm EST

Characters Eligible:
Ardent Davenport
Callum Wright
Cillian Byrne
Dulce Carriedo
Finnagan Collins
Haruna Jun Lei
Iris Ravelli
Ivan Cardenas
Katsue Hyuuga
Kelly Gray
Maya Faye
Noemi Ilda
Peter Dunnage
Ronan Cary
Stian Eld
Errol Booker

Threads Eligible:
Check Yes or No
How Do You Like Them Apples?
Ignis Has the Biggest Balls
Meet the Princess
The Morning After
New Beginnings
Opposites Attract? Maybe Not...
Salt is in the Air
Sharp and Pointy
A Terran in Strange Lands
This Town Ain’t Big Enough for the Two of Us
Waylaid
Who's Afraid of a Little Water

-----------------------------

Character Nomination Form:
Code:
[b]Character:[/b]
[b]Reason for Nominating:[/b]

Thread Nomination Form:
Code:
[b]Thread:[/b]
[b]Reason for Nominating:

Last edited by Delilah on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://carista.rpg-board.net
Saeyer
Carista & Welcome Panels
Saeyer

Total Experience Points : 33

PostSubject: Re: January CotM/TotM -- Nominations   January CotM/TotM -- Nominations I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 10:51 pm

Character: Kelly Gray
Reason for Nominating: He is a thoroughly engaging character to read, well-written and intelligent. Also clever.
Back to top Go down
Wicked

Wicked

Total Experience Points : 3

Character Sheet
OOC:
Classification:
Experience:
January CotM/TotM -- Nominations Left_bar_bleue0/0January CotM/TotM -- Nominations Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: January CotM/TotM -- Nominations   January CotM/TotM -- Nominations I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 11:19 pm

Thread: A Terran in a Strange Land
Reason for Nominating: When you're stalking a thread that has literally nothing to do with any of your characters, and checking back every few hours to see if there's an update, you know it's a good thread.
Back to top Go down
Tess
Welcome Panel
Tess

Total Experience Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: January CotM/TotM -- Nominations   January CotM/TotM -- Nominations I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 11:25 pm

Character: Haruna Jun Lei
Reason for Nominating: A dynamic character who gets others right where she wanted them to be before they even knew what hit them. No shortcuts, always has a reason for her actions. Entertaining without a need for fancy padding! And not just because she just totally blew my mind in her last reply.
Back to top Go down
milksteak
Review Panel
milksteak

Total Experience Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: January CotM/TotM -- Nominations   January CotM/TotM -- Nominations I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 11:33 pm

Oops! To be replaced with other things when I read the rules better and am not on my dang phone.

Last edited by milksteak on Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Delilah
Carista Panel
Delilah

Total Experience Points : 203

PostSubject: Re: January CotM/TotM -- Nominations   January CotM/TotM -- Nominations I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 5:37 pm

Milk, I love you.

1) Haruna has already been nominated and thus doesn't need to be nominated again.
2) You can't nominate threads you are a part of <3
Back to top Go down
https://carista.rpg-board.net
Dray

Dray

Total Experience Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: January CotM/TotM -- Nominations   January CotM/TotM -- Nominations I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 9:04 pm

Character: Katsue Hyuuga
Reason for Nominating: I really appreciate Tess' interest in developing this character. I feel that Katsue's character concept may not be the most original, and I've seen similar characters played poorly when handled by other people, but Tess takes great pains to ask for and incorporate constructive criticism, and her development of Katsue is, I think, going to take the character to great places. Besides, it's tough to write characters who are just that angry and messed up without making 'em overbearing, or without sucking the humanity out of them, and Tess walks that line. It's note-worthy!

Last edited by Dray on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dray

Dray

Total Experience Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: January CotM/TotM -- Nominations   January CotM/TotM -- Nominations I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 9:12 pm

Thread: The Morning After
Reason for Nominating: Firstly, I really want to see where the Ignis Rebels sub-plot goes, and I really really want to see more of the characters involved in Ignis to post a bit so that I can see who they are, and what they're like in action. Secondly, I've been enjoying my own thread with Jayne's Kelly, but since the character is already nominated, this feels like another way to put a nod in for that particular character. Kelly's a well-written villain right now. I like that a lot, and appreciate having him contrast against the more... er... ardent do-gooders in Carista. Ardent herself is surprisingly well written. Not because I doubt Milk or anything, but it's easy to get lost in the sexual nature of Ardent's character. Milk's working hard to incorporate the Ignis sub-plot along with (or despite? I have a hard time distinguishing with the kind of character who's cast as a femme fatale of one kind or another!) Ardent's less savoury qualities. It's fun to watch how that all boils down in post format.
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Welcome Panel
Jayne

Total Experience Points : 9

PostSubject: Re: January CotM/TotM -- Nominations   January CotM/TotM -- Nominations I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 2:21 pm

Thread: Meet the Princess
Reason for Nominating: I really enjoyed the awkward interaction between Noemi and Fin--all that sexual tension >.> It was quite clever!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: January CotM/TotM -- Nominations   January CotM/TotM -- Nominations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

January CotM/TotM -- Nominations
Page 1 of 1